The West Hants RCMP Street Crime Enforcement Unit (SCEU) has charged three people with drug trafficking offences in Ardoise.
On October 5, 2022, as part of an ongoing drug investigation, West Hants RCMP SCEU, with assistance from West Hants District RCMP, the Valley Integrated Street Crime Enforcement Unit (VISCEU and the Criminal Intelligence Service of Nova Scotia, executed a search warrant at a home on Christopher Hartt Rd. in Ardoise.
A 36-year-old man and a 28-year-old woman, were both found in the home and arrested safely. Both were held in custody overnight. During the search RCMP officers located and seized cocaine, crack cocaine, cannabis, prescription drugs, two rifles, cash, scales, packaging materials, a hydraulic press, ammunition, brass knuckles, a bow and arrows, and cellular phones.
A 51-year-od woman, who also lives in the home but was not present at the time the search warrant was executed, will be charged and issued a Summons as part of this investigation.
Daimek Walker, 36, Diana MacKay, 28, and Tammy Marsters, 51, all of Ardoise, have been charged with the following:
- Possession of Cocaine for the Purpose of Trafficking;
- Production of Cocaine;
- Possession of Cannabis for the Purpose of Distribution;
- Possession of Cannabis for the Purpose of Selling;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (2 counts);
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its Possession is Unauthorized (2 counts);
- Possession of a Weapon Obtained by the Commission of an Offence;
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm (2 counts);
- Possession of Stolen Property
Walker and MacKay have also been charged with Possession of a Prohibited Weapon. Walker, also faces additional charges of:
- Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order (2 counts);
- Fail to Comply with Conditions of a Release Order (4 counts)
MacKay and Walker both appeared in Windsor Provincial Court on October 6. MacKay was released on conditions by the court and will return to Windsor Provincial Court on December 13, 2022, at 9:30 a.m.
Walker was remanded into custody and will return to Windsor Provincial Court on October 11, 2022, at 1:30 p.m.
Marsters will appear in Windsor Provincial Court on December 13, 2022, at 9:30 a.m.
Note: Attached is a photo of the items seized during the search.